Thursday, September 11, 2008

Week 6 and still in pain

We had our follow-up visit at the GI docs today. We saw the PA who was very caring and concerned that the pain was still there. The tests have all come back negative, so we are almost at a dead end. However, I suggested giving him some prednisone for inflammation and she agreed, then we also scheduled a surgical consult for Monday. I have called the radiologists where Nathan has had 3 abdominal CT scans in the past 3 years and they are going to make me a cd to take to the surgeon. I want the surgeon to see his pre-op CT from 2006, because he had necrotized material throughout his abdomen prior to the gall bladder surgery and perhaps they can compare what that looked like with the ones from 2007 and 2008 where there was haziness.
Do you think I should charge a consulting fee for all this? Still looking at possible panniculitis for the diagnosis.

No comments: