Saturday, August 30, 2008

Round and round we go, what he's got nobody knows

Yesterday we spent 4 hours at yet another gastroenterology clinic getting an EUS (endoscopic ultrasound). Nothing showed up in the ultrasound, I think we were looking for clogged bile ducts, but the doctor at this clinic doesn't talk to the patient's mother so I don't really know. He did send a nurse out to the waiting room to explain that we need to see our referring doctor to rule out panniculitis. When I asked the nurse what that was, he really didn't know. After looking it up on the internet when I got home, I decided that I don't want to know either. The interesting thing about this is, the gastrodoc was looking at the CT scans we had taken in the ER on August 4 and was questioning the hazing effect in the pics of the abdomen. Here we are 4 weeks and 5 docs later and someone is finally reviewing the CT scan that was the first thing we had done. I'm now trying to get his next gastrodoc appointment moved up sooner than Sept. 11, but all docs are off until Tuesday. I hope nobody needs a doctor in the next 3 days.

1 comment:

Emily A. said...

Ugh. Poor you and poor Nathan!