Tuesday, August 26, 2008

An assignment for Sunday...

As I was sitting quietly on the back row in church on Sunday, I was caught unaware and before I knew it, I had agreed to teach a lesson next Sunday in a combined Relief Society/Priesthood meeting. My topic will be the new Family Search program. I guess since I am the ward family history teacher, I should not be surprised at being asked to teach such a lesson. Where to start, where to start? This morning I have been to the new website and read (again) all the things for family history consultants. I have also completed previously, the e-learning courses, for which I received a certificate of completion suitable for framing. I have watched the "roll out" power point presentation again and still need to view the DVD. I have printed out some "key" points and will probably go with those as a handout and an outline for my lesson. I am excited about the new program and I think it will be a wonderful tool for those who want to enter their family history information in preparation for temple ordinances.

2 comments:

Judie and George said...

Congratulations! You are now the most knowledgeable person in your ward! (Do that e and a really go together, or did I goof?)

Judie and George said...

To press on - - - since you know the most, you can breeze through this, speaking with authority about just about anything they ask!