Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

A good father is kind and loving to his wife and children. A good father is fun and plays with his family. A good father is a provider. A good father sets an example for his family. A good father possesses spiritual qualities and shares them with his family. A good father reads to his children. A good father is a comforter to a small child. A good father does not speak harshly to his family. A good father praises successes. A good father is attentive. I had the privilege of knowing such a father. He was the father of my best friend, Pam. He passed away this year. I wish my dad could have been like him.

2 comments:

Emily A. said...

I'm sorry you didn't have a father that exhibited those qualities. I am happy we know that we have a perfect Heavenly Father that we can spend forever with.

Judie and George said...

Aren't you glad you knew Pam's dad? If we look around, there are always role models, and the Lord puts them into our lives, knowing we will figure it out. You are so good to everyone, including your Dad! You are my hero, and I look to you a lot as I struggle to serve my mother. Thank you for your wonderful example to me! I love you!