Friday, June 20, 2008

A new wheelchair for the shower..

Nathan is getting a new shower wheelchair today. Shower wheelchairs fall apart from rust after several years of use. This will be his fifth chair, I think. When he was covered under private insurance, they considered such a wheelchair a "medical frill." Nathan is 6'5" and weighs about 250 pounds. I'm not exactly sure how we would shower him without one. I suggested that perhaps someone from the insurance company who thinks a shower wheelchair is a frill should come over and try to shower him without one. Nobody took me up on that offer. Lucky for Nathan, Medicaid does not consider such a chair a frill.

1 comment:

Judie and George said...

Just got the ambulance ride for Kay to the nursing home from the hospital LAST DECEMBER. Of course, you know what I am saying here. No, they did not pay for it; and yes, I have to call them. UGHHHHH!!!